University Honors and Recognition for Faculty
- The Regents' Professors, the highest of faculty ranks, is reserved for full professors with exceptional achievements that have brought them national or international recognition.
- The University Distinguished Professors award honors faculty who have made sustained contributions of consistent educational excellence and have demonstrated outstanding commitment to undergraduate education. The Call for Nominations is issued annually in mid-September.
- The University Distinguished Outreach Faculty award recognizes faculty who have made outstanding contributions to outreach at the University of Arizona, in the State of Arizona and the nation. The Call for Nominations is issued annually in mid-September.
- Emeritus Faculty: Faculty who retire from the University, have served a minimum of fifteen years, and receive approval from the President are given the title of Emeritus. Approved documentation from the department head and dean must be forwarded to the Provost for review. The Provost submits the recommendation to the President for final approval.
- Distinguished Scholars are outstanding mid-career faculty who are both leading experts in their field and highly valued contributors to the teaching, research, and outreach missions of the University of Arizona. Applications are due to the Dean's office two weeks prior to Provost deadline.
UA Teaching Awards
- Recognize outstanding teaching achievement and include the Provost's General Education Teaching Awards, the Henry and Phyllis Koffler Prizes and the Leicester and Kathryn Sherrill Creative Teaching Award. These awards are offered through the Office of the Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost and the University of Arizona Foundation.
The call for nominations is typically issued in mid-September and applications are due in early December.
SBS Teaching Awards
Faculty Teaching Awards recognize significant instructional achievements by SBS faculty member in three categories: Dean’s Award for Excellence in Lower Division Teaching, Dean’s Award for Excellence in Upper Division Teaching, and Dean’s Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching.Nominations are typically due in April (deadlines and procedures subject to annual change.)
The Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant Award program, sponsored by the UA Foundation, honors GTAs whose performance is exemplary. Nominations are typically due in late March.
University Awards for Excellence and SBS Staff Awards
- Awards for Excellence include the University Awards for Excellence, the Billy Joe Varney Award for Excellence, the University Team Award for Excellence, and the University Department Award for Excellence. Nominations are typically accepted through late January, with a recognition ceremony held in April.
- The SBS Staff Recognition Awards recognize the many outstanding personnel who make significant contributions to their units and to the University. The College gives annual awards in to four SBS staff/appointed personnel, and one Dean's choice award (chosen and nominated by the Dean's Office). Recipients are recognized during an Employee Recognition Luncheon each Spring, typically in April. A call and nomination form are sent out to the College via email every Spring.
Honors Distinguished Fellows Program
The Distinguished Fellows Program engages highly meritorious members of the UA faculty with The Honors College for a period of one academic year, during which time they will teach one course per semester to honors students and actively engage with honors students and other faculty members in The Honors College. Applications are due Nov. 1.