The Marketing Coordinator student worker will be working directly with the director of marketing and communications on a consistent basis insuring all projects within the team are on time and task. The ideal candidate will be outgoing willing to ask questions and work directly with all of the creative, multi-media and content personnel on the Marketing & Communications team of 8 people. They will update our project management system (Monday.com) and take direct communication from the Director of Marketing & Communications regarding updates that need to be relayed to the team via Monday.com or in person.
The SBS Marketing & Communication team is a highly skilled fast-moving team that is organized and run similar to an advertising agency. The future Marketing Coordinator student worker will learn a board range of skills and understandings that will serve them well within an agency, firm, marketing or communications team those include (but are not limited to) project management, creative process, film/photography editing, podcast creation, promotion, lead generation, content strategy, social media, external communications, brand management and multitasking.
The successful candidate will be someone who can roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once. In return for your hard work, you will have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative departments within the University of Arizona, as well as help us promote brand awareness, program enrollment and community engagement.
In the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences, we study people and their interactions with each other and the world, searching for answers to some of the biggest questions facing humanity. We support more than 6,000 undergraduates, empowering students with the critical thinking skills to stay future-proof and shape the world. The college is home to more than 30 academic units and research centers, including eight graduate programs ranked in the top 25. Our dedicated and respected faculty include 12 Regents’ Professors, three MacArthur “genius” award winners, and numerous Fulbright and Guggenheim fellows. As part of a land-grant institution, we are committed to sharing our discoveries with the community through public education and outreach.
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers in the United States and World at Work and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona, please click here.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ ASU/ NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor work requests coming from UA stakeholders such as SBS faculty, staff and Dean’s Office personnel
- Monitor and assign project requests the Marketing & Communications teams receives from SBS Faculty, Development Office, Community Engagement and Academic Affairs.
- Help organize a master student communication calendar that maps ongoing year-over-year communications and marketing efforts that support our Academic Affairs team (advisors and recruitment).
- Provide general administrative support to the SBS Marketing and Communications team.
- Assist in scheduling social media content across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Maintain organization of Marketing & Communication files.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing & Communications to organize projects and priorities.
- Assist in maintaining project schedules.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written; writing samples required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines a must.
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of people.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Willing to learn new skillsets a must.
- Basic understanding of how to update social media across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Willingness and interest to be part of a fast-growing marketing and communications team.
Apply through Handshake: https://app.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2267668. The application closes on January 11th at 5:55PM.