SPRING 2019 MEDIA & MARKETING ASSISTANT INTERNSHIP
Candice Thomas is a holistic doctor, educator and entrepreneur. She is the founder of two companies: LightWorks Acupuncture, her private practice in Tucson, AZ, and My Self | My Health, her online platform for national programs, workshops and public speaking. She is currently developing curriculum to teach Fall 2019 at the U of A, and completing her book, My, Myself, My Health, also due Fall 2019.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A main focus of our marketing strategy for both businesses is having a strong visual presence online. We also always have a variety of upcoming projects to prepare for, and are seeking to spread our reach. The Media & Marketing Assistant will play a primary role in these activities:
- Develop a strategy for the kinds of images we want to portray on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
- Take photos for these variety of approaches, with an eye towards what is flattering/attractive
- Direct and film video footage for a variety of needs: video blogs, website content, YouTube channel, etc.
- Edit and produce video footage as needed
- Regularly send content to marketing team
- Respond to follower posts online
- Find and book speaking events
- Help prepare for events—copies, snacks, supplies, etc.
- Assist at events as needed
- Gather testimonials
- Communicate with other marketing team members
10 – 15 Hours per week, at a variety of locations, including partially working from home. Must have reliable transportation.
- Proficiency in basic digital photography, videography, and editing
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and contact management software
- Marketing savvy: social media, web marketing, telemarketing, etc.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Excellent communication skills
- An eager, positive attitude
To apply for this internship please email your resume and cover letter to Candice Thomas at email@example.com.
This internship is eligible for 1-2 units of SBS 393: https://sbs.arizona.edu/sbs-393-internships