- Paid Internship: $12/hour
- May-August 2019 (start/end date flexible)
- Optional academic credit available through SBS 393
Are you interested in digital marketing, content strategy, copywriting, or website usability? The Marketing & Communications team in the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences is looking for a student assistant to help with producing website content for numerous websites as part of a large website redesign project this summer. This is a paid position, working 20-30 hours per week during the summer with the possibility of continued employment in the fall semester. Academic internship credit may also be available depending on your needs.
In this position, you’ll work directly with our Associate Director for Content Marketing and other team members to plan, write, and edit content for various academic websites within the College. As part of the team, you’ll also work directly with stakeholders to gather input, prototype ideas, and get feedback. The ideal candidate will be a strong writer with experience or interest in writing for online audiences such as websites, blogs, or social media.
The SBS Marketing & Communication team is a highly skilled fast-moving team that is organized and run similar to an advertising agency. The future Marketing & Communications Assistant will learn a broad range of skills that will serve them well within an agency, firm, marketing, or communications team, including (but not limited to) writing for the web, content strategy, best practices for website usability, digital marketing, and project management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Edit existing copy using writing for the web best practices (training provided)
- Write original copy for websites based on stakeholder input
- Help plan overall content strategy and key messaging for websites
- Audit and evaluate existing content
- Add and format content on websites using Drupal content management system
- Select and size images for use on websites
- Participate in team meetings, stakeholder workshops, and review sessions
- Assist in scheduling social media content across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Use project management tools to organize your work and communicate with team members.
- Work closely with Associate Director for Content Marketing to organize priorities.
- Current UA student registered for fall 2019 (or Summer Session)
- Ability to commit at least 20 hours onsite per week during most of the summer (start/end dates flexible)
- Writing experience with an interest in writing for the web, content strategy, digital marketing, or website usability
- Ability to work independently and contribute and collaborate effectively as a member of a team
- Experience with Drupal or other website content management system a plus
Submit your resume and a cover letter expressing your interest in the position via Handshake or email directly to Shoshana Mayden, firstname.lastname@example.org