Content Marketing Internship
The Content Marketing Internship will be working directly with the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications on a consistent basis ensuring all projects within the team are on time and task. The ideal candidate will be outgoing, willing to ask questions, and work directly with the newly formed Marketing & Communication team within the College of Science. They will be tasked to help create foundation level marketing including items such as fact sheets regarding CoS, posting social media for our various units and outreach programs (such as UA Science Sky School and UA Science Flandreau).
The CoS Marketing & Communication team is a highly skilled fast-moving team that is growing and organized to run similarly to an advertising agency. The Content Marketing Intern will learn a broad range of skills that will serve them well within an agency, firm, marketing, or communications team, including (but not limited to) project management, creative process, film/photography editing, podcast creation, promotion, lead generation, content strategy, social media, external communications, brand management and multitasking.
The successful candidate will be someone who can roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once. In return for your hard work, you will have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative departments within the University of Arizona as well as within the largest undergraduate college at UA, as well as help us promote brand awareness, program enrollment and community engagement.
The College of Science (COS) is one of the largest colleges at the University of Arizona with 16 departments and 3 schools. Our units encompass the range of physical, mathematical, environmental, cognitive, and life sciences.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take existing content and help edit it for proper voice and tone to be used on the in production new website, future email marketing campaigns and social media.
- Help organize a master student communication calendar that maps ongoing year-over-year communications and marketing efforts that support our Academic Affairs team (advisors and recruitment).
- Support the Marketing & Communication team in developing foundation projects such as fact sheets for the development and community engagement team.
- Provide general administrative support to the SBS Marketing and Communications team.
- Assist in scheduling social media content across YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
- Assist in organizing the many social media accounts that are currently either not in use, need strategic guidance or you can gather content to share on behalf of CoS.
- Maintain organization of Marketing & Communication files.
- Work closely with Director of Marketing & Communications to organize projects and priorities.
- Assist in maintaining project schedules.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent communicator, both verbal and written; writing samples required.
- Ability to understand current CoS content take that content and edit it for the web.
- Size images.
- Post content, images and news items to the website that is currently in production.
- Some knowledge of Wordpress or Drupal. Drupal preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple deadlines a must.
- Ability to build effective relationships with a wide range of people.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Willing to learn new skillsets a must.
- Basic understanding of how to update social media across YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Willingness and interest to be part of a fast-growing marketing and communications team.
To apply for this internship, email a resume and cover letter to College of Science Senior Director of Marketing & Communications, Jenna Rutschman (email@example.com).