Who are the Student Ambassadors?
The Student Ambassadors for the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences are a select group of undergraduate students who:
- Represent outstanding campus leadership
- Have a passion for Social and Behavioral Sciences and the UA
- Demonstrate engagement beyond the classroom
- Have a commitment to higher education
Selected students must exhibit leadership qualities that stand out among their peers and a willingness to make a greater impact in the UA community.
What do Student Ambassadors do?
Student Ambassadors help facilitate a wide variety of programming including outreach, events, and student recruitment initiatives. These contributions may include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating visits for prospective students
- Representing the College at recruitment events on campus and in the community
- Assisting with activities for students, especially those related to involvement beyond the classroom
- Building community, spirit, and interest in our majors, programs, and unique engagement opportunities
What are the benefits?
Being selected as an SBS Student Ambassador is highly competitive and provides an extremely valuable experience. Serving as an Ambassador reflects a commitment to academics and a willingness to excel. This unique role represents leadership on the UA campus, and students join an elite community of Ambassadors from many academic departments.
Personally and professionally, there are many benefits to being an ambassador, including:
- Improved public speaking and interpersonal communication skills
- Increased knowledge about UA, both College-related and in general (admissions process, financial aid, housing, clubs & organizations, etc.)
- Interaction with faculty and staff in a variety of contexts
- Opportunities to mentor and inspire students while working alongside other passionate, high-achieving students
- Leadership experience to highlight on professional resume.
- Exclusive Social and Behavioral Sciences Ambassador Polo shirt
Am I eligible?
To be competitive, interested students should:
- Be enrolled in a primary major in the College of Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Be in good standing at the University of Arizona
- Be a sophomore, junior or senior when the program starts
- Be involved in or previously involved in engagement opportunities beyond the classroom (e.g. research, internships, international travel, clubs/organizations, and student leadership positions)
- Possess strong speaking skills, passion for the University of Arizona, and a creative spirit
- Commit to serve for at least two consecutive semesters
How do I apply?
Applications for 2020-2021 are now being accepted on a rolling basis through June 1, 2020.
If you have any questions about the program or application process, please email Stephanie Meron. Thanks for your interest in the Student Ambassadors!