Shared Governance, Service & Committees
SBS Faculty with Roles in Shared Governance
For 2019-2020, the following SBS faculty have roles in institutional shared governance. Please feel free to reach out to any of them with questions, concerns, or comments.
The Strategic Planning and Budget Advisory Committee (SPBAC)
- Meg Lota Brown, English
- Diana Liverman, Geography, Development, and Environment
- Stephanie Troutman, English
University-wide General Education Committee (UWGEC)
- Amy Fountain, Linguistics
- Aimee Mapes, Writing Program/English
- Maha Nassar, Middle Eastern and North African Studies
Faculty Senate Executive Committee
- Javier Duran, Latin American Studies (Senator-at-large)
- Jeremy Frey, Writing Program/English (Senator-at-large)
- Leila Hudson, Middle Eastern and North African Studies (SBS Representative)
- Paul Hurh, English (SBS Representative)
- Kristin Little, Writing Program/English (SBS Representative)
Academic Personnel Policy Committee (APPC)
- John P. (Pat) Willerton, Government and Public Policy
Student Affairs Policy Committee
- Diane Ohala, Lingusitics (Chair)
- Leila Hudson, Middle Eastern and North African Studies
- Kristin Little, Writing Program/English
Committee on Academic Freedom and Tenure (CAFT)
- Lynda Zwinger, English
Committee of 11
- Javier Duran, Latin American Studies (Chair)
Constitution and Bylaws Committee
- Jeremy Frey, Writing Program/English (Chair)
SBS Faculty Advisory Committee
Our Faculty Advisory Committee advises the Dean on emerging matters of college or university importance. It is an elected body composed of five faculty members (rank open), with representatives across the units.
Information on eligibility and voting procedures is available through the Faculty Advisory Committee policy.
Spring 2021 members of the Faculty Advisory Committee:
- Leila Hudson Middle Eastern and North African Studies
- Paulette Kurzer Government and Public Policy (Chair, Spring 2021)
- Susan Swanberg Journalism
- Joel Smith Writing Program/English
- Brian Silverstein, Anthropology
Faculty interested in learning more about the Faculty Advisory Committee, including how to participate, are welcome to email the above members or email Mika Galilee-Belfer on the Faculty Affairs team in SBS.
SBS Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Committee
The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences places critical perspectives on social difference at the very center of our scholarship, teaching, and service. See our statement on Diversity & Inclusion.
Looking for a new service opportunity? There are several committees within in SBS that you can consider:
- Continuing Status & Promotion Committee
- Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Faculty Advisory Committee
- Promotion & Tenure Committee
- Sabbatical Committee
If you are interested in serving on one of the SBS committees, please email Mika Galilee-Belfer on the Faculty Affairs team in SBS.