Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Leadership Academy
The Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (JEDI) Leadership Academy immerses undergraduate students in pressing social justice issues on campus through an innovative teaching lens.
Students will engage with the topic at hand by learning alongside those most impacted by social justice issues through experiential activities, such as workshops and small group discussions.
As a JEDI Academy Student, you will be equipped with the tools necessary to advocate for social justice on a broad scale. Students selected for the JEDI Academy are those who exhibit a strong desire to advocate for social justice on campus and who are passionate about the topic.
Benefits of Becoming a JEDI Academy Student
- Be introduced to social justice issues and how it applies to your life as a multi-faceted individual
- Participate in a safe space for critical discussion, thinking, and reflection for those exploring social justice advocacy as an undergraduate
- Be introduced to the College of SBS’s new JEDI minor
- Meet like-minded individuals and be a part of a driven cohort of students
Real World Applications
- Learn how to create accessible spaces as a student leader on campus
- Learn social and civic action strategies to be a social justice JEDI in any movement
- Learn how to act in solidarity to social justice movements both on and off campus
Students applying for the JEDI academy will be considered eligible based on the following criteria:
- Must be either a current or incoming UArizona Student
- Must demonstrate a passion and interest in social justice
- Must be able to complete application materials by required date
Questions or Concerns?
Contact Stephanie Noriega (email@example.com), the Assistant Director of Community Engagement & Impact, for further information. We look forward to reviewing your application!