Support Impactful Research
Strategic Plan: Pillar 2
The College of SBS is committed to producing research that leads to positive change in the world. The second pillar, Support Impactful Research, aims to support a healthy research ecosystem within the College of SBS.
This includes increasing research funding, encouraging community-engaged research, and facilitating interdisciplinary collaborations. We will also support researchers in telling the stories of their discoveries.
- Support and sustain a healthy research ecosystem.
- Increase internal funding to support SBS research efforts.
- Align physical and human infrastructure with research efforts, including pre- and post-award services, lab facilities, and data and computational resources.
- Encourage place-based, community-engaged, and participatory action research, both in our local Borderlands and in global settings.
- Facilitate opportunities for interdisciplinary, multi-sectoral, and translational research collaborations.
- Increase SBS participation in the human dimensions of University of Arizona grand challenge priorities and interdisciplinary convergence research initiatives.
- Advance additional clusters of college-wide research strength (for example, but not limited to: computational social science; research on justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging; human rights; area studies, historical, and language research).
- Leverage SBS and RII centers and institutes and external partnership networks to advance collaboration.
- Recognize and reward public, applied, and translational scholarship and creative endeavors through annual review and promotion and tenure processes.
- Communicate and celebrate the value and impact of SBS research.
- Encourage and support researchers to engage in public scholarship and to tell the stories of their discoveries and impacts.
- Increase nominations of SBS faculty and research staff for prestigious awards.