Join the Magellan Circle
The Magellan Circle is a society for donors who contribute $1,000 a year or more to the Dean's Fund for Excellence.
The money raised in the Magellan Circle supports the Dean's Fund for Excellence, which in turn provides for student travel, visiting scholars, faculty research, and excellence-in-teaching awards. An additional $750 sponsors a student scholarship.
Named for Ferdinand Magellan, the Portuguese explorer who led the first successful circumnavigation of the globe, the Circle offers the chance for you to help us discover the world – the physical, the cognitive and the social – through the academics of Social and Behavioral Sciences' 30+ departments and research centers.
- Become an Explorer with an annual contribution of at least $1,000 to the Magellan Circle.
- Become a Patron with an annual contribution of at least $1,750 to the Magellan Circle, which includes $1,000 to the Magellan Circle Scholarship program.
- Become a Circumnavigator by giving:
- A gift of cash or securities valued at $25,000 or more
- A planned gift of $250,000 or more
- Invitation to annual appreciation reception with the Dean.
- Invitations to exclusive trips to explore aspects of the college's research and geography.
- Invitations to seminars, lectures, and special events.
- Meeting your scholar at an annual Magellan Scholars gathering.
- Recognition in our Developments publication.
How to Join
If you'd like to join the Magellan Circle, you can fill out the Donation Form, or for more information please call the Development Team at (520) 626-6977.