The College of Social and Behavioral Sciences 393 Internship Program provides students the opportunity to earn internship credits who are not eligible for internship credits through their major or minor departments and who meet the following criteria:
- Good academic standing with the University of Arizona: at least a 2.00 grade point average (major and cumulative) at the University of Arizona prior to enrolling for an internship.
- Earned a minimum of 30 credits.
- Completed at least one full-time (12 units) semester at the University of Arizona.
- Currently enrolled at The University of Arizona.
How to Enroll in an Internship
- Determine whether or not you are eligible for internship credit through your major or minor department. Students who are eligible for internship credit through their major or minor department may not enroll in in the Social and Behavioral Sciences internship program and must instead enroll in their department’s internship program.
- Find and secure an internship. The University of Arizona’s Career Services offers tips for finding an internship.
- Download and complete the internship application (Below). NOTE: This application must be completed by both you and the person supervising you at your internship. Your supervisor’s signature is required on the application. Without a fully completed application you will be unable to enroll in SBS 393 internship credits.
- Turn in your completed application packet to the SBS 393 Internship Coordinator, Jesse McCain, by appointment or drop off at the front desk of the Douglass Building (2nd floor). Your application packet must be fully completed. The SBS 393 Internship Coordinator will review your application and notify you of the decision whether to enroll you in SBS 393.
- To schedule an appointment with the internship coordinator, please email Jesse at email@example.com
Note: In accordance with University of Arizona policy, internship credits will not be awarded retroactively for internship duties performed at an earlier time. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Summer 2017 Application Information
The Summer 2017 application can now be accessed by downloading the PDF at the bottom of this page.
Students must submit their completed application packets by Monday, May 29th for Session I and Monday, July 3rd for Session II summer enrollment. Incomplete application packets will not be accepted and no retroactive internship credit will be granted.
Fall 2017 Application Information
The Fall 2017 application can now be accessed by downloading the PDF at the bottom of this page.
Students must submit their completed application packets by Friday, September 1st for Fall 2017 enrollment. Incomplete application packets will not be accepted and no retroactive internship credit will be granted.
Completed application packets must be submitted or emailed to:
Program Coordinator, Student Engagement
Douglass Building, Room 214
To schedule an appointment email Jesse at the address above.
Tuition, Fees, and Registration Deadlines