This internship is perfect for students interested in marketing, public relations, social justice, and/or education.
About Las Puertas Community School
Las Puertas is a college and career readiness charter school committed to assisting students in the development of academic and career goals, and attaining the academic knowledge and experience needed to be successful in achieving their goals. Las Puertas is targeting a diverse and underserved urban population historically known for underperformance. Our current student population is 70% Hispanic, 19% Native American and 11% Caucasian. Over 88% of our students qualify for free/reduced lunch with families who live at or below poverty level. Las Puertas has grades 6-9 with the intention of eventually having grades 6 – 12. Many of our families have faced their own share of highs and lows, challenges and successes in every aspect of their lives.
Scope of Work
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification
- Generate, edit, publish and share content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and promotes outreach to the school’s target communities
- Set up and optimize Las Puertas’ pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the school’s social content thereby supporting Las Puertas’ fundraising, student recruitment and retention efforts
- Moderate content so that it is appropriate for each expected audience
- Create calendars and schedules for the school year
- Collaborate with staff members, board members and families (customer relations, sales etc.) to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and interest/ability to gain social analytics tools knowledge
- Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Comfortable with seeking and obtaining supervisory feedback
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus (but not a requirement)
Interested? Want to Apply?
If you have questions about the internship and/or are interested in applying, please email Pamela Clark-Raines (email@example.com).