Put your interviewing and writing skills to work! One of the major goals of Postdoctoral Affairs is to promote postdoctoral scholars and highlight the contributions they make to the University of Arizona. We are seeking an undergraduate student with excellent interviewing and writing skills, as well as photography skills, to help us accomplish this goal. The ideal candidate for this position will model the highest degree of professionalism, work ethic, and interpersonal engagement while working to support the Postdoctoral Affairs’ mission. Creativity, initiative, and interest in postdoctoral scholars are also highly valued.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Interview and photograph postdoctoral scholars from different disciplines across campus
- Draft stories about postdoctoral scholars that will be posted on the Postdoctoral Affairs website
- Interact professionally with postdoctoral scholars and faculty
- Assist with other tasks as needed to support the mission of Postdoctoral Affairs
Candidates should submit an application that includes:
- a cover letter that highlights the applicant’s experience and skills relevant to the job description and an explanation of how this internship will further their own professional development;
- a current resume; and
- a writing sample.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and selected applicants will be invited for interviews. The summer internship will begin mid-May; the fall internship will begin in late August.
This position is open to all majors, and is eligible for SBS 393 credit.